Hyundai is a name that is synonymous with quality and the Hyundai HY3000SEi Generator certainly is a quality product.
The Hyundai HY3000SEi contains a lot of features despite being compact and lightweight. This makes the generator extremely popular in the camping, motor home and caravan markets as the unit is easy to transport and store.
The Hyundai HY3000SEi is designed with leisure use in mind. If you are looking for a heavy-duty commercial generator then you might like this Hyundai generator.
Did you know that the HY3000SEi uses sine wave technology? Read on!
Hyundai HY3000SEi Features
The HY3000SEi engine model HX149 (XG-157F) is a recoil start, single cylinder, 4 stroke, 149cc, OHV engine.
In order to lower fuel usage and prolong the generators life the engine has been fitted with an ‘Eco’ mode which lowers the RPM to match the required output.
Oil capacity is 450ml.
Key and Remote Start
Simply start the HY3000SEi with the turn of the electronic key or from a distance of up to 20 meters.
Sine Wave Technology
Basically Sine Wave Technology mimics mains power which makes the HY3000SEi safe to use around other electrical equipment such as TV’s, DVD’s, heaters and lights etc. With sine wave technology you can be assured that you are using good, clean power.
The control panel features 2 x 13a sockets for powering appliances fitted with a mains plug.
A great feature that those with caravans love is that the HY3000SEi can be converted to run of LPG.
Box dimensions are 575mm x 330mm x 507mm (H x W x L) and the unit weighs 28.5kg.
- 4.5l fuel tank
- 8 hours running time
- 2.8kW output
What is an Inverter Generator
According to Reference.com “an inverter generator produces direct current power and then converts it to alternating current power using digital electronics. The other type of generator is a conventional generator, which uses a mechanical alternator to produce AC power. There is no power conversion performed by conventional generators. “.
The Hyundai HY3000SEi is covered by a 2 year standard Hyundai warranty.
- 1 x Inverter generator
- 1 x 12 v Charging leads
- 1 x Oil drainer
- 1 x Spark Plug
- 1 x 20 amp Fuse
- 1 x Multi spanner and screwdriver
- 1 x Spark plug spanner
- 1 x 500 ml Oil
- 1 x Caravan adapter fly lead
- 1 x Fuel fit additive
- 1 x 2x Keys and 2x fobs
- 1 x Warranty sheet
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Quick start guide
- 1 x Carbon monoxide warning sheet
We really like the Hyundai HY3000SEi 2.8kW Generator and we can see why it’s such a popular generator for those with caravans and motor homes etc.
Our favourite features are the units size, the ability to start the unit from a remote location and the sine wave technology.
The fact that there’s a 2 year warranty is icing on the cake!
Despite being similar to the Hyundai 3000Si we prefer the HY3000SEi due to the remote start capabilities (which is the inly difference between the two units).
At time of writing the HY3000SEi is cheaper too!
The HY3000SEi is a popular leisure generator with plenty of good reviews. Here is what HY3000SEi purchasers are saying.
- ” the remote fob operates the generator to start and stop the unit from inside the wheelhouse 40 feet away”
- “This generator exceeded all my expectations and is quiet and easy to operate”
- “It took me just 10 minutes to complete easy setup, including putting in the oil and fuel”
- “This is an incredible machine. It is unbelievably tiny yet produces sufficient power”
- ” Found this one which can run sensitive electronics safely due to the inverter and we love it”
- ” has all so supplied power to two other motor-homes with out any problems”
- “This has a genuine inverter output of mains voltage so critical with microprocessor controlled devices”